Status and Specs
Spartan Daily Weather Report
- GPFS usage: 1820.33TB Free: 527.38TB (77%)
- Spartan utilisation on the cascade partition is 100.00% node allocation, 85.21% CPU allocation.
- Total queued pending/queued on the public partitions: 51
- Spartan utilisation on the gpu-a100 partition is 100.00% node allocation. Total queued/pending: 24
- GPU card usage on the gpu-a100 partition is: 86 / 116 cards in use (74.13%)
- 26 nodes out.
How long will my job take to start?
How to Interpret
- This plot provides data on how long previous jobs have taken to start, which can be used as guidance on how long your job might take to start.
- Note however that "Past performance is no guarantee of future results"; wait times can fluctuate quickly due to changes in usage or outages, and wait time could be considerably more or less than the historic average.
- Daily averages are shown, but points may be missing for days where there were no jobs matching the selected characteristics.
- This data is acquired using the
sacctcommand in Slurm to get a list of all recent jobs and their start/end times.
Spartan has a number of partitions available for general usage. A full list of partitions can be viewed with the command
|Partition||Nodes||Cores per node||Memory per node (MB)||Processor||Peak Performance (DP TFlops)||Slurm node types||Extra notes|
|interactive||3||72||710000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6254 CPU @ 3.10GHz||15.2||physg5,avx512||Max walltime of 2 days|
|long||2||72||710000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6254 CPU @ 3.10GHz||10.1||physg5,avx512||Max walltime of 90 days|
|bigmem||4||72||2970000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6254 CPU @ 3.10GHz||10.1||physg5,avx512||Max walltime of 14 days|
|cascade||14||72||1519000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6154 CPU @ 3.00GHz||58.1||physg4,avx512||Max walltime of 30 days|
|79||72||710000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6254 CPU @ 3.10GHz||354.8||physg5,avx512||Max walltime of 30 days|
|gpu-a100||29||32||495000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6326 CPU @ 2.90GHz||avx512||4 80GB A100 Nvidia GPUs per node. Max walltime of 7 days|
|gpu-a100-short||2||32||495000||Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6326 CPU @ 2.90GHz||avx512||4 80GB A100 Nvidia GPUs per node. Max walltime of 4 hrs|
|Total||582.2 (CPU) + 1358 (GPU)|
Total includes private partitions (including mig, msps2, and punim0396)
Each node is connected by high-speed 50Gb networking with 1.5 µsec latency, making this partition suited to multi-node jobs (e.g. those using OpenMPI).
You can constrain your jobs to use different groups of nodes (e.g. just the Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6154 CPU @ 3.00GHz nodes) by adding
#SBATCH --constraint=physg4 to your submit script
The gpu-a100 partition has modern, 80GB Nvidia A100 GPUs. See the GPU page for more details.
A number of nodes make use of the AVX-512 extended instructions. These include all of the nodes in the cascade partition, and the login nodes. To submit a job on the cascade partition that makes use of these instructions add
#SBATCH --constraint=avx512 in your submission script.
Spartan hosts a number of private partitions, where the hardware is owned by individual research groups.
FEIT research staff and students: The deeplearn and feit-gpu-a100 partition information can be found on Specs for private partitions
There are also special partitions which are outside normal walltime constraints. In particular,
interactive should be used for quick test cases;
interactive has a maximum time of 2 days.
Spartan uses IBM Spectrum Scale (previously known as GPFS). This is a highly scalable, parallel and robust filesystem.
The total Spartan storage is broken up into 2 areas:
/home is on the University's NetApp NFS platform, backed by SSD